Monday, September 5, 2011

Wheels now turning

Things have slightly begun to move along. I now have the equipment I need to start recording myself and really get different types of projects in motion. I am also playing drums in a band which is playing shows around town. We got together pretty quickly and have played 3 shows already. We have 2 more scheduled, one in Charleston and another in our hometown. Hopefully we will get a tour soon enough, especially since we are capable of doing so.

One of the members of this band is also working with me on my indie-alternative project. We have practiced a few songs together but won't really be able to progress until I record something for him to learn to and practice to. He likes what I have and if we can find some other musicians we could get a great band going, plus we are both itching to get on tour.

I haven't had a job for over a month now, doing random little jobs for random cash. Of course, I am hoping to start making money with my music finally! The band I am in has made some money at shows but we all agreed to use it towards merch for the band. Im going to try my hand at jingles and see if I can make some money in the local commercial market. I've begun the slow process of applying to 'real' jobs (the type a starving musician such as myself would take) but I'd rather make money a way I actually enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment