Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Time To Get Serious

Things have become much more serious for me in the music world and I have grabbed some attention locally and throughout the country. My booking agency is back in swing and I am trying out some new types of shows which I hope will innovate the collective local scenes in my area. What I mean by this is that I have found each music genre has its own scene with few people jumping from scene to scene, even though they would like the music. As well there are art scenes, comedy scenes, dancing scenes, and other artistic/entertainment scenes with decent crowds.

These new style shows will feature musicians, artists, comedians, and other entertainers of all styles. This will meld the different scenes and allow people to be exposed to new things they may like but would have never otherwise seen. We already have two of these shows setup, one in April and another in May, and will be getting more setup soon. I have a good amount on the line here but have also found ways to innovate my cash flow from these shows. As most promotors know, especially in todays scenes, it is very easy to lose money and being able to make money gives me more ability to help the scene as a whole.

As well as booking I am doing much more musically. I am now teaching guitar and have 2 students, both of whom seem to really enjoy and take in what I teach them. I still haven't written a new song in a while in hopes of finding inspiration but I may need to stop waiting and start getting to it. With my current band I am trying to expand my drumming and we have a new song and new cover which both push me a little in different ways. I am getting much better as a drummer and felt quite flattered at my last show when I noticed a good amount of the crowd air drumming along to our songs. Makes me feel like my hard work may begin to really pay-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment